Vacancy: Fabricator / Welder
Established for over 20 years, our Fabrication Workshop in Tyne and Wear is responsible for the design and installation of architectural metalwork for Integrated Security Systems and Structural Fabrications, in addition to bespoke fabrication work, which are provided as a specialist range of services to the Energy and Utilities Sector, including some new and exiting offshore contracts.
LOCATION: Workshop based near Sunderland in Tyne and Wear, you may be searching for Fabrication / Welding jobs in Washington, Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, Gateshead, Chester-Le-Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Durham.
Ideally you should posses a current driving licence for potential on-site requirements.
SALARY: £12.50 to £15.50 per hour (dependent on experience), plus benefits, annual loyalty bonus in December, free parking, training provided, enhanced rates if working away, with an annual wage review and appraisal.
HOURS: Monday to Friday / 40 hour week.
Working as part of a close-knit team carrying out fabrication and welding duties, reporting to the Workshop General Manager, your primary duties will be to carry out the fabrication and Welding of bespoke & industrial fabrications, working with Carbon Steels as well as Aluminium and stainless steel where required.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Fabrication / welding of industrial structures.
- Competent in MIG & MMA processes
- Cutting bending and welding of products.
- Finishing and quality inspection.
- Ensure workshop Health & Safety Regulations are adhered to.
- Workshop & Workstation Cleanliness is paramount
- Ensure Quality Control and Test Inspection documents for the projects are completed on time.
- Follow good practice for material sustainability (Reuse/Recycle) initiatives to reduce waste and save costs.
- Ensure all necessary checks to ensure that installed services and equipment complies with the contract documentation.
- Record and report all defective materials and substandard quality/workmanship standards that do not meet the work specifications.
- Determine and assess the need for additional staff and resources.
- Report changes in project scope, identify project risks and assist in devising contingency plans.
- Adhere to best practices and tools for project execution and management.
As a skilled Fabricator/ Welder, you will need a minimum of 3-4 years previous experience in a Fabrication role, reading and interpreting technical drawings, working to the finished product, whilst adhering to operational processes, health and safety guidelines and quality standards. A valid CSCS card is required for this role, as well as relevant FISS / CIS certificates.
Must be Competent in Welding Processes MIG & MMA.
You will be competent in the use of all metalworking machinery for steel fabrications.
You will be a highly motivated Fabricator / Welder, with great estimating/ planning abilities and a good working knowledge of relevant fabrication techniques and welding type / methods of fabrication, as well as sub-contracting procedures and practices.
Please register your interest and upload your CV at: https://www.rhi-industrials.co.uk/recruitment/
Or contact our Recruitment Team with your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org
#fabrication #welding #weldingengineer #recruitment