This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful company during an exciting phase of growth. Specialising in Substation Earthing and Security / Access Control Systems for some of the UK’s largest Utilities and Construction companies across the UK, as a Trainee Earthing Design Engineer.
ROLE: Trainee Earthing Design Engineer
LOCATION: Office in East Bridgford, Nottinghamshire. There is the potential to work from home, you will be willing to travel to site anywhere in the UK. You may be looking for Trainee Earthing Design Engineer jobs in Gunthorpe, Nottingham, Grantham, Rushcliffe, Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, Mansfield, Loughborough. UK driving licence essential.
SALARY: £22K- £26K basic salary, plus company vehicle, fuel card, iPad, mobile, laptop, specialist tools, benefits, company pension, annual loyalty bonus, training and further opportunities for career progression.
HOURS: 40-hour week, Monday to Friday. Full time, Permanent.
Working as part of a close-knit team, reporting to the Design Manager, you will be assisting the Earthing division, in delivering detailed earthing designs for clients in various sectors including Construction, Power Generating / Utilities, Renewable Energy, Rail, Water, IT, Telecommunications, and MOD infrastructures.
As a Trainee Earthing Design Engineer your duties and responsibilities may include:
- Carrying out site investigations including soil resistivity surveys and testing of Earthing systems.
- Writing reports, producing outline designs and detailed specifications.
- Liaising with clients and sin-house team throughout the project and design process.
- Ensuring works are compliant with National and International Standards.
Key Skills (beneficial but not essential):
- Experienced in Computer Aided Design (AutoCAD) software
- A keen interest in Electrical/ Mechanical services.
- GCSE qualifications in English, Maths and Science.
- Able to work in a team environment and individually.
- Good problem-solving and communication skills (both verbal and electronic).
- PC and IT literate (recording data and liaising by email).
- Able to review documentation and interpret drawings / technical details.
- Some knowledge of working on construction sites.
If you are looking for a Trainee Earthing Design Engineer job, with huge potential, please register your interest at: