We have a vacancy for an Electrical CAD Technician / AutoCAD Electrical Engineer.
Established for over 20 years, our Computer Aided Design Team is responsible for the conceptual development and design of Integrated Security and electrical systems, which are provided as a specialist range of services to the Energy and Utilities Sector.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious ELECTRICAL CAD Engineer, to support our CAD Team during an exciting phase of growth.
LOCATION: Office based – Newcastle-upon-Tyne. You may be looking for Electrical CAD Technician jobs in Northumberland, Matfen, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Corbridge, Hexham, Prudhoe, Newbrough, Swalwell, Ponteland, Whalton, Otterburn, or Gateshead.
SALARY: £30K- £35K basic, plus bonus, pension, training and development for employees with the right attitude to learn.
HOURS: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
As an experienced Electrical AutoCAD Technician, you will be working as part of a close knit-team, taking concept designs through to detailed manufacturing drawings using your knowledge of AutoCAD (Electrical) Software and parametric modelling software as well as experience of working on a wide variety of electrical projects.
Your main duties as the Electrical CAD Technician will be to:
- Prepare, produce, develop and amend drawings in accordance with appropriate standards and procedures and in line with the agreed timescales and deadlines.
- Design layouts, block diagrams, wiring diagrams, assembly and part drawings and associated cable schedules, BOM’s and cut lists.
- Provide Technical support to shop floor and on-site technicians.
- Revise drawings and red-line markups appropriately.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with Stakeholders, across various teams and discipline groups, across various projects.
- Be proactive in streamlining and automating drawing and engineering processes and propose improvement ideas.
- Attend occasional site surveys.
- HNC/HND/BTec in Engineering (Electrical).
- Knowledge of HV/LV distribution systems and electrical building systems.
- Experience in Security, Access Control and CCTV Alarm Systems.
- A good knowledge of electrical engineering design principles.
- At least 5 years’ experience in AutoCAD / AutoCAD Electrical.
- Experience in 3D modelling software (Solidworks/ Inventor preferable).
- Proficient in producing intelligent library blocks with attributes for data extraction.
- Proficient in CAD data file management and drawing management procedures.
- Good attention to detail, working in a fast-paced environment.
- Competent Microsoft Office user.
Please register your interest and upload your CV at: https://www.rhi-industrials.co.uk/recruitment/